The Head of BMG
- Dipl.-Ing. Gerd Wuhlert - Sole shareholder and Managing Director
- 1955 Born in Recklinghausen
- 1973-1977 Study graduation: Diploma in Hydro-engineering and Soil-mechanics
- 1977-1981 Study graduation: Diploma in Constructive Engineering
- 1982-1994 Management positions in the construction sectors of the following companies: HOCHTIEF AG in Essen and BETON- UND MONIERBAU in Dortmund and BAUGESELLSCHAFT ZABEL in Datteln
- Since 1994 Founder of BMG and sole shareholder
- We provide project teams formed according to the project specifications and consisting of highly qualified construction engineers and architects.
- Our teams are tailor-made with experienced and highly motivated specialists deployed in each and every project managed by BMG.
- The success we have enjoyed to date confirms our philosophy and working practices.
- With our construction and service program we at BMG have served public and private clients of large projects to their full satisfaction since 1994.
- Using approval planning as a basis, BMG provides all other necessary engineering services and leads the project - in close collaboration with the client - to a successful conclusion.
- At the same time, the preparation and execution of contract allocation form just as much a part of our tasking as, for example, the implementation of development measures.
- The standard we set ourselves is to guarantee that the principal is looked after comprehensively and in a highly qualified manner in all aspects of the construction process.
- Whether it is commercial or industrial properties, public building complexes, private offices, hotel, apartment or villa complexes, social and educational centres, sport and leisure facilities, conference centres, industrial buildings or infrastructure measures - BMG is in its element everywhere.
Service sectors planning
BMG’s engineering office supplies all construction and services related to construction client support, such as services in the planning, construction, conversion and renovation of:
- outdoor installations,
- space-creating extensions,
- engineering structures,
- transport network installations and
- technical equipment
by assuming responsibility for
- preliminary and draft planning,
- approval planning,
- execution planning,
- preparation of contract allocation,
- participation in contract allocation,
- property monitoring (construction monitoring),
- looking after the property and
within the sense of a general planer.
Main contractor performance
- To reduce the number of interfaces it is often advantageous - depending on the project conditions - to have one person or company responsible for construction services and planning services (general planning).
- Consequently a general contractor can monitor and ensure the compliance of all facets of a complete development such as, the consultants, contractors and all related services and activities.
Service type clients duties
Assumption of builder-owners and construction management assignments, such as:
- project development,
- project management and
- project control
as the accountable representative of the client.
Service type construction consulting
In addition to this we are also able to look after our clients in the areas of:
- general construction consultancy,
- costs management,
- comparisons of cost-accounting procedures,
- contract management,
- subsequent amendment management,
- deadline management,
- quality management and
- coordination as per construction site legislation.
Our specialist fields of expertise include:
- tunnelling and excavation work,
- constructive engineering excavation work,
- excavation consultancy,
- construction work on existing property stock,
- work preparation and
- costing support.
The BMG team
- Our highly qualified and specialised engineers have the appropriate, long-term experience necessary in order to lead to a successful conclusion large-scale projects in the fields of structural engineering construction, ready-for-occupancy construction, railway construction, excavation and tunnelling, and road and engineering construction.
- The tasks of client consultation, construction costs optimisation and quality and deadline management also form part of our service spectrum.
- The services of construction monitoring, planning, tendering, allocation, billing and project control represent other central planks of the work of our experienced engineering office.
- Our office is especially experienced and qualified for work in the field of structural and civil engineering.
We have successfully carried out a whole series of large-scale projects on behalf of public institutions, including the German Federal government (ministries, administration complexes, road projects and tunnels) and Deutsche Bahn. We were awarded such projects ahead of the strongest competition in the market.
These Qualities are important to us and we measure ourselves by them
Furthermore, we also work for the most varied clients and principals from various industries and for a large number of private investors.
- Adherence to deadlines
- Creative power
- Service strength
Below is a small selection of BMG projects which provide an overview of our engineering office’s service capabilities and the broad range of its activities. We are proud of the fact that BMG has continuously worked to full capacity ever since its founding over 20 years ago. During this period BMG has supervised projects with a total construction volume in excess of EUR 7.5 billion for its clients and at the same time provided services to the full satisfaction of all clients.
Chosen BMG projects
- The railway tunnel from Potsdamer Platz to the Reichstag in Berlin-Tiergarten (EUR 410 million)
- The Federal Ministry of Transport in Berlin-Mitte (EUR 50 million)
- The Federal Ministry of Defence in Berlin-Tiergarten (EUR 66 million)
- The Potsdamer Platz Regional Railway Station in Berlin-Mitte (EUR 20 million)
- The Berlin-Central Station in Berlin-Mitte (EUR 120 million)
- The BMW Car Factory in Leipzig (EUR 440 million)
- The Wafer Factory in Freiberg (EUR 125 million)
- The 5-star Mövenpick Hotel in Berlin-Kreuzberg (EUR 26 million)
- Railway Project Stuttgart 21 (EUR 900 million)
Property development activities
In addition to managing or delivering external clients developments, and drawing on the practical and professional experience of the Founder, Gerd Wuhlert, who has carried out construction work extending now over 40 years, the company has also run its own projects as the actual developer. These building projects under the company’s own direction have all been managed to successful completion, as have the projects on properties entrusted to us by external clients. In order to mitigate the effects of the falling demand in the construction industry for construction, engineering and architectural work in Europe, BMG GmbH has been present and active in the Middle East since the start of 2005. On the basis of study and analysis of the market, BMG Middle East Investment LLC, was set up as an independently trading spin-off of the parent company. The headquarters of this development company are in the United Arab Emirates, with its head office in Dubai. The company’s main objective is to take on the work of general planners and contractors in an overall supervisory capacity. Despite the national market there being largely dominated by British and American companies, German know-how has already enabled BMG Middle East Investment LLC to achieve successes as a main contractor.